THE Lauren Daigle Interview with The Morning Wakeup Featured
IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!
The long awaited, highly anticipated, exclusive interview with Lauren Daigle from Festival One was everything we expected it to be and more.
After four and a half years of tirelessly trying to secure an interview with two-time grammy award winning Christian music artist Lauren Daigle, Rhema's breakfast show 'The Morning Wakeup' were given their chance when Lauren travelled to New Zealand to headline the Christian music festival, Festival One.
With the interview so long awaited and highly anticipated by our loyal listeners, The Morning Wakeup began by presenting Lauren Daigle a dossier containing the numerous attempts they had made to garner her attention, including:
- Tweeting Lauren Daigle in October 2015 and every day for the year following with the tagline #OneDayOneDaigle.
- Travelling to a Hillsong conference she attended in Australia, while wearing #OneDayOneDaigle t-shirts.
- Sending her custom bracelets that never made it.
- Recruiting our listeners to fold 1,000 paper cranes which she said did make it, and
- Recruiting an overseas friend and fellow radio personality, Jayar.
Lauren Daigle was elated to finally sit down together, following which we discussed her recent performance at the 2020 College Football Playoff National Championship for her university team LSU, taught her some of the native language of New Zealand, Te Reo Maori, dove into her local cuisine of Gumbo, and learned which of her songs move her the most.
For everyone who joined us on this 4.5 year journey, we thank you, and hope you enjoy this as much as we did.