All the links for our show for Monday, 4th February 2019!
Random things we talked about:
What kind of animal is Punxsutawney Phil? That's Right! He's a Groundhog and we disovered today that American's have a peculiar tradition around this furry friend.
What are your favourite marriage tips? We heard a few today and here are some interesting ones..
1. Talk to your spouse more kindly than you talk to anyone else in the world. Too often we speak the most harshly to those closest to us.
2. Remember that marriage is less about marrying the right person and more about becoming the right person.
3. Don’t forget to laugh. Most couples spend the majority of their time talking logistics: who’s doing the grocery shopping, who’s calling the repairman, who’s picking up the kids. A relationship can’t survive on logistics. Have a water fight instead.
4. She needs you to be her best friend. Everyday, talk to her and tell her what you’re thinking. Even if you don’t think you’re thinking about anything. She needs to hear your heart.
5. He needs you to be his cheerleader. Let him know you believe he can take on the world.
The Peppa Pig effect and all the mums say YIKES!
Do your kids or kids you know watch Peppa pig? Have they ended up with the famous Peppa Pig accent? Who knew that cartoons could have such an effect? Perhaps we need to invent a classic kev the kiwi cartoon to make sure our kiwi twang stays strong haha! Click the picture for the full story..
Something for your Mummy:
Archaeologists have discovered 50 mummies in an ancient tomb in Egypt. Dating back to 305 to 330 BC, the bodies were found in four burial chambers 9 metres deep in Minya, south of Cairo.
Their identities are unknown but they are likely to have been people who held important positions.
Win win win! This Week on Rhema so keep listening for your opportunity to score some awesome books from Manna Christian Store.
Your Rhema Verse of the Day:
Join Our 7-Day Devotional: Who Do You Put Your Trust In?
Would you read the Bible plan, Trust, with me?
Click on the image above to join Dan and Joy on this 7 day journey.
“If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land.” From Isaiah chapter 1 verse 19.
Throughout our lives we are commanded to obey. Whether it be a parent telling us, “Pick that up,” or, “Don’t do that,” or a government laying down a law, we acknowledge obedience as a necessary part of life.
No matter how good the lawmaker, parent, friend, or teacher, no one truly knows the future like God does.
Isaiah 1:19 promises us, “If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land.” God asks for us to be obedient to him because his plan is always for our betterment. He sees what lies ahead of us.
Ask yourself; Why do you have a hard time obeying God’s word or his promptings?
Trust? Too big of an issue to trust God with? Would you rather do it yourself?
Today’s verse is brought to you by the Bible Society.
Ever wished the Bible came with a field manual? Well, it’s here! The Field Guide to the Bible will help you make some sense of what can be a challenging book. Check out more at biblefieldguide.com