The spotlight is turning back on the CTV building collapse.
The building pancaked after the February 22 quake last year - killing 115 people. Coroner Gordon Matenga will conduct another inquest into the deaths of all those who died - this time with an emphasis on six particular victims.
The investigation hopes to ascertain how and why the group of six died after surviving the building's collapse. Coroner Matenga says the inquest will focus on the circumstances around those who were known to have been alive initially, but were unable to be rescued.
It follows an earlier inquest held last year - which was adjourned in September pending further investigation - but no ruling has been released yet. Coroner Matenga says it will not look at any of the matters currently under focus at the Royal Commission inquiry, which finishes tomorrow.
- Newstalk ZB